Veterans bring unique experience and skillsets to the job. Here are 10 reasons to hire one:
1. The ability to learn new skills and concepts. While in the military, service members undergo rigorous training to become experts in a wide range of skills and concepts that can be easily transferred to a civilian work environment.
2. Strong leadership qualities. The military trains service members to lead by example, as well as through direction, delegation, motivation and inspiration in some of the toughest situations imaginable.
3. Flexibility to work strongly in teams or independently. Military training teaches service members to work as a team by instilling a sense of a responsibility to one’s colleagues. While military duties stress teamwork and group productivity, they also build individuals who are able to perform independently at a high level.
4. Diversity and strong interpersonal skills. Service members have learned to work side by side with individuals regardless of race, gender, religion, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, economic status, and geographic origins,
as well as mental, physical and attitudinal capabilities.
5. Ability to work efficiently and diligently in a fast-paced environment. Service members have developed the capacity and time-management skills needed to know how to accomplish tasks correctly and on time, in spite of limited resources and immense pressure.
6. Respect for procedures and accountability. Service members know how policies and procedures enable an organization to be successful, and they easily understand their places within organizational frameworks.
7. Hands-on experience with technology and globalization. From communications technology to the security of computer networks and hardware, service members must stay aware of emerging technologies in the public and private sectors.
8. Strong personal integrity. Military training demands that individuals not only abide by a strong Code of Ethics, but that they live it each and every day. An employee with a proven track record of trustworthiness is often an asset to an organization.
9. Strong sense of health, safety and property standards. Service members are aware of health and safety protocols both for themselves and the welfare of others. Individually, they represent a drug-free workforce that is cognizant of maintaining personal health and fitness. On a company level, their attentiveness and care translate into respect for employees, property and materials.
10. Triumph over adversity. In addition to dealing positively with the typical issues of personal maturity, service members frequently have triumphed over great adversity. They have proven their mettle in mission critical situations demanding endurance, stamina and flexibility.
— Adapted from DOL.gov/vets/ahaw/topten.htm
from Pest Management Professional http://www.mypmp.net/2018/08/10/10-reasons-to-hire-veterans/
Pest Control Pros Sacramento California